Followers

September 14, 2014

Pet Memorial Day










Hello, my very good furiends.
Today is a very special and heartfelt day as we all take time to remember all of our furiends who have crossed the rainbow bridge.

I am especially remembering my Sweet Greta today and I am truly Thankful To Have Known Greta as she was a wonderful furiend.    I posted the other day about our date together an how much I adored her and our time together.   I am sending my love to her pack as they continue to mourn her loss.

I am also thinking of and remembering my wonderful furiend Jazzi.   She left us recently too and I miss her so much.   She was always such fun and I know her Mom is still hurting and we all wish she was here with us.

My peeps took time today to remember their last dog, Cisco.  He was a fabulous Golden Retriever with a heart as big as all outdoors.   He was a magnificent furiend for my peeps and they still miss him.

Mom is also remembering her other pooches that have been long gone.   Sarek, the dachshund who lived with Mamaw and Papaw Pantslegs and Pretzel, the dachshund she grew up with.   They were both wonderful furiends and she still misses them.   And, she remembered Mamaw and Papaw Pantslegs' dachshunds Baron and Liesel.   They were all so special.

So, we are sad today, but also glad to celebrate the lives of our furiends and remember their spirit.  We all had such amazing adventures together.   As long as we remember them, they are not really gone.

My love to all of you who are mourning and hurting today.
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Furiend

BTW: The pix in today's post was taken by my peeps a few years ago at Niagara Falls.





19 comments:

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

The price we pay for loving can be heartbreak, sigh! Today we remember the good times and not the pain.

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We remember all the dogs who came before us. They've left her with so many happy memories.

We miss Jazzi, too.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

We also remember your super date with Greta.

Our mom and dad were just talking about Pretzel and Patty Cake and Sarek and Baron and Lisel and Cisco Today.
Each Enriched their lives. They talked about all the WILD times they had over the years with each of them. We wish we had known them. SOMEDAY we WILL.... and we can all sit around and tell stories about stuffs WE did to make them LAUGH and LOVE. If we are LUCKY.. there will be a YELLOW Mo-Ped... that Pretzel can take us rides on.

My Mind's Eye said...

Sarge first of all what an amazing rainbow...and so appropriate for today's post. OMCs/OMDs there were lots of pooches before you and before
F & E. Gone but never forgotten
Like with the infamous Toto the mighty mini Doxie who passed 37 years ago. My peeps still tell Toto stories
Hugs madi your bfff

Daisy said...

Hey Sarge...that is an AMAZING picture! So perfect for today's post. Your family has a lot of great names for thier pets. I bet there's just as many great stories to go along with them!
oxox
Daisy

Wyatt said...

Kind words on a heartfelt day.
Thanks, Sarge.

Wyatt

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Very well said Sarge....

sprinkles said...

"As long as we remember them, they are not really gone."

Very well said! I'm remembering my own pets today who have passed over the rainbow bridge.

Murphy said...

Yes, we share in the mourning for those who went before us. Great post.

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

Ziggy Stardust said...

Sarge, this is a very special tribute. That picture is beautiful and I am thinking of Angel Greta with my sweet Angel Remington on the other side of that rainbow where we will all meet some day. They live in my heart now.


Loveys Sasha

Ruby said...

That is just beautifuls Sarge!!! Greta and all our Angel Furiends are smilin' from the Bridge on all of us.
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Idaho PugRanch said...

Thank you Sarge for remembering Greta today along with Jazzi and the other members of your family.
much love
Linda
Bailey & Hazel

GOOSE said...

MOM thought of her beloved heart dog Pete. He was before me. She also misses him very much. I miss all my pup pals who have crossed over, but today I thought of Jazzi and Greta. Miss miss miss them.
Blessings,
Goose

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Great post Sarge. Thank you.

Unknown said...

We miss them all and nice to remember Sarge. Our friends may have gone but they are not forgotten. Have a marvellous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Pawsome picture. Mommy always wanted to go to Niagra Falls, I guess this is the next best thing to being there pawsonally!

Anonymous said...

Sarge that was a wonderful post, they are always in our heart and you're so right, as long as we remember, they are still with us. many thanks for this post!

stellaroselong said...

Oh we love that picture!! it is beautiful and fitting. We agree with you about our memories always belonging to us, and they are never gone.
stella rose

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sarge its dennis the vizsla dog hay yes so menny frends to miss hoo hav gawn over the rainbo bridj!!! may they all run far and free until we meet agin!!! ok bye