Followers

September 08, 2014

Crabby Monday....Shelldon Spins a Shell




Hello, Blogville Darlings.   Shelldon here for Crabby Monday. 
First, we crabby girls want to send our love and hopes to our sweet Greta.  She's a fabulous girl and we adore her.   She is not feeling well and could use our support and well-wishes.   We are crossing all 18 of our long and lovely leggies for a fast recovery.

And, we crabby girls are all agog about Casey's upcoming Oktoberfest!   We will be attending of course, and certainly hope to see all of you there too.   Casey is a spectacular friend and we can't wait for his big event.

Well, in celebration of the upcoming change of seasons, I decided to consider a wardrobe change!   Goodness this is a ginormous decision and I always want to look my very best.   So, I decided to check out this stellar shell and see if it suits my sense of style.  POL




Well, I must say that this shell looks exactly like my current one, so I know I will look gorgeous in it.   Teeheehee.     Hmmmm.    The best technique for a wardrobe consideration is the SPINNING tactic.  To do this, we grab the shell and spin it around and around and be sure to closely examine every part of the shell.    Here I am spinning this one about and seeing if it will fit perfectly.




Of course, the interior must be perfect as well.   So, in goes the head and all six of my long and lovely leggies!    I found it to be lovely inside too.    My, this just might be the exact new shell I am looking for to update my look for Fall.






The Hands were so delighted to watch me in action as I spin and examine and consider my wardrobe change!    Then, I decided the time was right and I switched over into this gorgeous, new, larger shell.   Oh, it was so very nice and roomy.     The Hands were squealing with joy to get to see me make the switch.   It's not something we normally do in public.   POL

As any girl has the right, we crabby girls sometimes simply change our minds!  POL   By morning, I had switched back to my original shell.    I'll never tell why.   Teeheehee   I'll let you, my fabulous friends, guess why I switched back.

Ciao and Little Pinches,
Shelldon










19 comments:

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

I hear humans talk of "spinning class" at gyms. I guess that's what the humans must be doing when they spin -- they spin shells in the air!

GOOSE said...

I bet you spied an even lovelier shell after you tried that one on and decided you must have it. Just have to wait for the store owner to open up so you can get your claws on it. I only spin when I want to make the perfect comfy spot to take a nap.
Blessings,
Goose

Cowspotdog said...

sometimes things seem to fit until you wear them for a bit and then you decided it isn't quite right afterall

WFT Nobby said...

Hmmmm.
Shelld-ON or Shelld-OFF?
Your choice my friend.
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Unknown said...

LOL we think Bertie said it well. Have a marvellous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Anonymous said...

wow I never saw that for real. many thanks for sharing this video.... no worries Shelldon, blogville is not really "in public". my paws are still crossed for the pug-girl, hope she feels better today.

Unknown said...

Huh! I didn't know Crabby Critters could just change there shell whenever they want. Do you do that to be stylish or do you actually outgrow your shell after a while? Either way, you are allowed to change your mind and wear whatever shell you think has the perfect fit and look. You are so stylish!
Oz

Matilda the Boxer said...

Hey, sometimes Momma likes to just go try clothes on at the mall. She'll still come home in her good ol' jeans that smell like me!

I'm so glad you're coming to Oktoberfest! What's Oktoberfest without the Crabby Girls? :)

Two French Bulldogs said...

Sometimes changing shells is good. Can't wait to see what you are up to at the Oktoberfest
Snorts,
Lily & Edward

My Mind's Eye said...

Shelldon...that is about the most amazing thing I've read and seen in like f o r e v e r! Seriously me and my hands don't know many crabby facts ...WOW We had no idea about the shell spinning. Thank you a ton it appears your new old shell fits like a glove and you will be using it for a while.
Ciao Little Fraulein Darlins'
Madi your bffff

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

That's really cool.

Little Miss Titch said...

that is just amazing,xx SPeedy

Murphy said...

We always learn something new about you crabby girls!!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley
Mayorz For All Paws
POTP For Greta!!!

sprinkles said...

That was quite an interesting video. I always did wonder how crabs actually made the switch to a new shell.

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Well, we think the shell looks lovely....and very Autumnal; but, if it isn't EXACTLY what you want, hold out. You'll be wearing it for awhile.

SHE loves wearing her old, daggy clothes....

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I know so very well that a fashion girl always has the right to change her mind. I think both shells are beautiful!
Smileys!
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

Daisy said...

Wow! I have never seen a hermit crab check out a new shell before. I am glad you went for the comfort of your previous shell. I think you are very clever!
oxox
Daisy

Ziggy Stardust said...

I think it is just fine to try things and then change your mind and then change it again. I do with my snuggly spot all the time.

Love Sasha

Are you able to eat German foodables? Let me know if you need a special diet, I will be glad to make it for all of you

Sweet William The Scot said...

Why the hands they made your switch public can you believe that. Why there are nude pictures of you on the internet.
Oh dear.
Thanks for being a friend
Sweet William The Scot