This year I am thrilled to compete in the prestigious MangoMinster 2011! The categories were all great, but I am the bestest dog for the Good Ol' Dog trophy. My peeps call me a real redneck dog. Here's why:
1. I live in a cabin in the woods. I'm very protective of my territory and so: keep out, no tresspassing, this yard guarded by Smith-Wesson-and ME-and Mom & Dad's guns. We're all well armed in my cabin!
2. I kill every critter I can. Anything inside my space is bound to get bashed. Hunting is a huuuuge pasttime for me. I even have all the required gear and I wear camo all the time. Really, I wear camo a lot!
3. Fishing is high on my priority list. If I can't hunt, I'll fish. Creek, river, lake...it's all good to me. A good day fishing is a good day, period. Can't be a city-hound and appreciate nature, fish slime and worms.
4. Camping is great too. Anytime I can get out into the woods with no electricity, running water, just me and Mom & Dad with a campfire is a grrreaat time. Snacks included. No fancy-schmancy stuff needed.
5. I love my (Dad's) truck. It's big and great. Tailgating and riding shotgun are the best. It even has a dent or two and a scratch here and there to show it's well used and broken in. It's a redneck machine for sure.
6. I leave my things thrown around my cabin any place I like. Cleaning's not a priority...that's for fancy-pants dogs.
7. Frequently, when I'm just laying around silently minding my own doggie business, someone suddenly yells, "Sarge, your butt stinks!" Then everyone runs from the room. I don't get it. Smells okay to me. Also, I really like to snuggle right up to Mom & Dad, then go in for the chin lick, and instead: give a big ol' Sarge *burp* right in their face. They say they don't like this, but I doubt it's true. The more Sarge the better. I want them to know I appreciate my kibble.
I'm the perfect picture of a Good Ol' Dog. Here's the proof:
Lots 'n lots of fishing gear...
Put it in the water, Dad!
Kill 'em, Kill 'em!
Tailgating with the boys! Me, Dad, Cousin Frankie, and Papaw pantslegs. Note the camo! Dig that truck!!
Fishin' doggie style!
'Round the campfire!
Let's go huntin' Dad!
That's the stuff!
There you have it. There can't be a bigger redneck Good Ol' Dog anywhere. Really.
Grr and Woof,