Followers

September 15, 2018

Secret Saturday #2




Hi Furiends!

It's time for another of my secrets.   See, my peeps have no idea what my life was like before they met me, and I'm not telling.  BOL

Secret #2:    Why was I a stray?

This is a ginormous question.   My peeps don't understand this at all.   I do...but I'm not barking about it.  

So, I was found wandering the streets.   They think I had been loose for about 2 weeks, give or take.  This was right around last Christmas.   Once my peeps adopted me, they discovered that at some point I had been very well cared for and loved.   Here's why.  The vets all say I'm a pure bred Silky Terrier, so at some point I was probably expensive to buy.  I had gotten a bobble-ectomy, tail dock and dewclaws removed.  I had also been well trained.  I was house broken, polite, respectful of the dinner table and going in/out of doors.  I knew how to ride in a car and walk on a leash.  And I already knew all about being groomed and I take that like a champ.  I like to lay on the couch and in bed, but I'm very respectful about it.   I'm great with people, kids, other pets, so I'm well socialized. 

WOW!   I'm a very, very good boy!   BOL    Seriously, someone in my past treated me well and met all of my needs.    So, back to the secret...if someone cared this much for me, why was I wandering alone in the streets.  My microchip hadn't been registered and the shelter that took me in tried all around the area to find my owners.   No luck.   Then my peeps adopted me!   Life is good now.  

Did my prior owner(s) pass away?    Did I run away from home?   If so, why didn't they come find me at the shelter?  Was I bad (not a chance!)?   

My peeps think that maybe my prior owners were visiting this area during hunting season which is near the holidays.  I'm terrified of loud noises, so they think maybe a gunshot made me run away.  If they were visiting here from far away, maybe they couldn't stay here to keep looking for me.  Who knows?     This is a good theory, but I'm not telling.  BOL

Who could possible let me go...look at this face!  


What do you think, my furiends?     Why was I a stray?

Signed,
Scooter

BTW:   Sending lots of love and stay-safe-wishes to our furiends who are dealing with Hurricane Florence.   Please take care!


18 comments:

Millie and Walter said...

That sure is a mystery but a huge bonus for your new pawrents. We don't know why anyone wouldn't want to find you if you were lost but you sure landed in a great home.

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

You and Phod both get to be mystery dogs. Phod was also found wandering the streets but sadly the peeps don't think he had been so well cared for . Lady thinks maybe it is best not to know so she doesn't get too angry!

Marg said...

WE think maybe for some unknown reason that you were just abandoned. Could be your owner passed away and you were just lost. But at least now you have found a really nice home.

Lin said...

It's maddening to not know where our animal friends come from, but I think sometimes it is best to not know. I can't believe you were so well cared for and then your microchip was not registered. That is weird. Well...the important thing is that you have a wonderful home NOW!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Scooter, darling, methinks like another that you may have had an elder owner who has passed - or lost you. But methinks, too, it was the right thing for you and angel Sarge has made certain of your true home! hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

C.L.W.STEP said...

That's going to be hard to figure out. I hope there isn't some little child who's wondering where you are.

WFT Nobby said...

Who could possibly let you go, indeed.

Linda said...


Sweet Scooter, I am so glad you were found and
now have a good home. You show no side affects of being
bad or mistreated like our Mitzie, she has issues.
We are loving on her so much. I know your new Mom and Dad
will e so good to you forever.
♥ Astro and Mitzie
loving on her.

Pam and Teddy said...

Oh Scooter I think you will always be a man of mystery. Whatever it was that got you out on the streets instead of in a nice home, it is in the past and while we know you had a tough time on the streets, you found your FOREVER TRULY home now. Keep your secrets though - that's what secrets are for!!!

Love, Teddy

Murphy said...

Hello Scooter! We are sorry we are so late in welcoming you to Blogville! But we know you have a very good home now and your pawrents will love the fact they can just put you in their pockets and take you everywhere! We don't know why you were homeless but are sure glad you no longer are!

Your Pals Who Are Checking In,

Murphy & Stanley

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello scooter its dennis the vizsla dog hay it cud be that yoo wer skayrd by a lowd noise theery!!! that has happend to sum frends of mine they got skayrd by lowd noises and ran away and it wuz weeks befor they wer fownd so if yore hyoomans wer passing throo and it happend they mite not hav ben aybel to find yoo befor they had to leeve!!! then agin it cud just be that yoo ar a spy with amneezhia like in the faymus dokyoomentry the bourne identity!!! i think they ar eekwally likely!!! ok bye

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

We don't know why you were a stray either(although Dennis's theory is our favorite so far), we are so very glad you found your furr-ever pawrents tho!!
xoxo,
Rosy, Arty & Jakey

Matilda the Boxer said...

We've seen in rescue how some purebred, obviously cared for dogs can end up wandering the streets. We're so glad that your story ended happily!

lexitheschnauzer said...

Hi Scooter. We found you on Murphy and Stanley's "follows," so we followed you here to your blog to say hi. You sure are a good boy. And we all have our little secrets (except Xena, who is an open book.) Wags, Lucy

Ruby's Rescued Life said...

Welcome Scooter! I'm so glad you found such a wonderful home - no matter what your previous life was like! My name is Ruby and I was a good friend of your Angel Brother Sarge! XOXO

P.S.: This is Ruby from The Daily Pip. We have changed our blog name to myrescuedlife.com

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Howdy Scooter, just dropping in to say G'day. I'm Stella from Down Under and it's nice to meet ya. Mum says she is so happy to hear you are living at Angel Sarge's place. Take care. No worries, and love, Stella x

World of Animals, Inc said...

Scooter, we are happy that you have found a wonderful forever home and not on the streets anymore. We love the cute photos. Thanks for the share. Have a wonderful day.
World of Animals

Ratana said...

Ohhh, I love this project, it looks promising. More, give us more!!
មាន់ជល់តាមអនឡាញ_Cock Fighting Online