January 07, 2012
My Mom is One Huge Big FLAKE
Wow, I gotta give you the biggest, bestest example of Mom's flakey nature. Here it is:
SHE USED TO LOSE HER POCKETBOOK ALL THE TIME!
Really. She left her purse in odd places...alot. In her defense, she hates them. Always has. But still...
Here is the list of the worst cases.
1. She's walking through a mall in Cleveland, yes the big city of Cleveland of all places, when she hears her name over the loudspeaker. She runs to Customer Service and they have her purse. She left it in the bathroom. Not a penny was missing from it.
2. She drove 1 1/2 hours from her house in Ohio to her parents' house (Mamaw & Papaw Pantslegs-Frankie's Peeps) and then when she left, she forgot her pocketbook. She didn't notice until she got clear back home. Mom and Mamaw had to each drive half way to meet and relay-race the purse.
3. She went to a Sam's Club right outside of Pittsburgh, yes the big city of Pittsburgh. She did her shopping for her office and went back to work. She got all settled in at her desk and realized she left her pocketbook in the cart in the parking lot. She raced back (about 10 miles) through traffic to Sam's and found her purse in the cart in the parking lot right where she left it. Not a penny was missing from it.
4. She once worked in a building 55 minutes from home. One Saturday morning, she got ready to leave the house and realized that she left her purse in her desk at the end of the day Friday. Yup, drove all the way back to the office get it.
5. This one was the final straw...The last time she left her pocketbook anywhere...We think this one cured her permanently. She was on a weekend get-away, about 2 hours from the house, on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in a busy county near Pittsburgh. She stopped for lunch at one of those service plazas. Got back on the pike and realized she forgot her purse. She had to get off at the next exit, pay the toll, loop around and get back on the pike headed the other direction, get another toll ticket, drive past the plaza to the next exit, get off, pay the toll, loop around and get back on the pike going the right direction again, get a toll ticket, get off at the service plaza and run into the Burger King. Her purse wasn't in the booth! She ran to the counter and the manager had her purse. Someone turned it in for her. Not a penny was missing from it.
I couldn't make stuff like this up! BWAR HAR HAR. All these times (I only hit the high points), she has never permanently lost it and nothing has ever been taken from it. UNBELIEVABLY LUCKY! The turnpike one was about 12 years ago now, so it's been awhile since this has happened. She might actually be totally cured of this. BOL. Every now and then in the car going down the road, she suddenly jumps like she's been shot and reaches to be sure her purse is really there. Teeheehee. Talk about nutty! Total Flake Material! So, there you go. My Mom's a flake.
I hope you've enjoyed this event. I've loved reading all of your funny stories. Next up will be the big drawing, so tune in on January 11th for the winners!
Grr and Woof,
Posted by Scooter
Labels: My Mom is One Huge Big FLAKE
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Your Mom and I share the hatred for purses: I don't like them either and I tend to leave them places too. LOL
This has been a great event. :)
PS: I already told Frankie, but don't worry about putting Glacier and I in the draw: we live far, far away and postage is stupidly expensive. It was just fun participating. :)
Hi Sarge - wow an amazing story.....your mom is sure LUCKY that she never lost it altogether!
It has been fun readin' about all the flakey peeps....makes you wonder how they manage to take such good care of us.
Tail Wuggles, Rubie
Your Mom is one LUCKY FLAKE fur sure BOL! :) Now when should we plan our trip to Tahoe eh? ;)
Waggin at ya,
She is a vey lucky lady! I hate purses too, so cumbersome!
Your MOM is one lucky Flake.
My MOM hates purses too. She wishes she didn't have to carry one.
Our flake story is up today if it isn't too late. IF it is we understand after all our Mom is a flake.
She has left her purse too. She once left it at a Cracker Barrel but she partly blames the guy beans. She left the purse at the table and told the guys to watch it while she went to the restroom. When she got out of the restroom the guys were standing at the cash register paying the bill so she went joined them. And they left, it wasn't till she went to get something out of her purse that she realized they had left it behind. They had to go back about an hours drive to get it because since they were on vacation Mommy had all the keys to the house in it (including Daddy's).
Here is the link to our post. http://alasandra2003.blogspot.com/2012/01/our-mom-is-flake-by-afss.html
Oh we should have added that the nice manager who had Mommy's purse offered to mail it to her. And that nothing was missing their waitress saw it when she was cleaning the table and took it straight to the manager.
Wot a flake-a-doodle! But a lucky one that nuttin woz efur swipied. And owie, your descripshun of turning around on that PA Turnpike woz PAINFUL! Ummm, not like I would know about that furstpaw or anything. It has been a furry fun week. Loved reading about all the flakiness!
Great story! I've only forgotten my purse once -- and strangely enough it was one day after a work-friend of mine left hers at the same place. Both of us got the purses back without anything missing -- thank goodness!
WOWSERS yor Mom sure nuff is lucky nots to havs lost her monies wen her loses her purse. Wee hopes her has been cured ovs dis
Ronnii, Izzy & Uji
xxx xxx xxx
You know what I would say your mom is one LUCKY flake. All those times and she never lost anything. WOW! My mom loses lots of things, too. She doesn't lose her purse, but sometimes she loses things in her purse. Bawhahahaha! She claims it is a black hole and things disappear forever.
Your pal, Pip
Maybe your mom needs to give up da pocketbooks, and start using one of those belly-pack thingys to carry her stuffs around! Then it would always be attached to her! BOL!
Funny post, Sarge. This has been a fun event. (butt, I bet your peeps are glad its over.....so their flakiness will no longer be exposed!) BOL!
All those times and she always got them back... intact!
Sure she is lucky flakey!
Kisses and hugs
haha That's pretty darned funny. At least WE think so. MOM, however, isn't laughing as much as we are 'cause SHE does that all the time! Actually, she's been doing that since she was a youngster!
Flaky Peeps Week has been a blast, Sarge! Great idea! Maybe SOMEbody want to make it a regular feature on their blog, like once a month or so? Just asking . . .
The Road Dogs
K Sarge, I risked my neck on this one butt nailed Mom one more time before we couldn't legally talk about her flakiness anymore ;)
Waggin at ya,
Bruhaahaaahaaa! Definite Flake.
HER handbag lives under the seat on the passenger's side because SHE's afraid SHE'll lose it!
XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy
Lucky doesn't even come close to describe these events. Hope she hangs in around her neck now. BOL
We just snook in another flakey post about dome Mommy did today. Hope we're not too late?
Sniff ya later.....Weenie
Sarge, your mum is a flake, but a lucky flake. Hope she doesn't leave it anywhere again. When we first read 'pocketbook' we thought it was another post about your mum's little obsession with note pads and stuffs. Then we realised it meant 'purse' of course. She hasn't left YOU behind anywhere has she? Just askin'. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory
We thinks your mom needs to wear one of those fannie pack thingys instead!!!! Bwar har har!!
Boondocks & The Love Shack Pack
Oh my word! Sounds like this flake
Benny & Lily
Your mom is extremely lucky that she never lost anything from her purse!
I'm the same way about keys. I tend to either misplace them or lock them in my car.
Once, I put them in my pantry for some odd reason and couldn't find them for a whole weekend. The funny thing is, I'd used the pantry more than once over the weekend so I don't know how I kept missing them.
My mom used to lecture me endlessly about not locking my keys in the car. After her 5000th lecture, I told her to stop and she just said, "Well, you've been known to lock them in the car and I'm just trying to help you!" Not long after, she locked hers in the car several times. She didn't like it when I pointed this out to her but she stopped lecturing me after that. bol
Oh Sarge, I got a good one for you. My human left her purse at Starbuck, went back to get it, and then went to Barnes and Nobles, and again left her purse there and had to go back and get it... ALL IN THE SAME DAY. What's wrong with these peeps? Sigh.
hello sarge its dennis the vizsla dog hay obviusly it is sum sort of enchanted purse wot is trying to find its way back to its oridjinal manyoofakchoorer just like the wun ring in the faymus dokyoomentry the lord of the wun ring!!! but it sownds like she has finaly masterd witch is verry impressiv!!! ok bye
Your mom is one lucky flake.
Thanks for sharing those funny stories.
OMD that is SOOOOOooo funny!
But I agree with everypup, your Mom sure is one LUCKY peep!
Sounds like your mom needs to stop carrying a purse and just start using her pockets. My mom hates purses as well, never likes to carry them.
I knew someone like that. They ended up not carrying a purse and had her husband keep everything in a fanny pack! Problem solved. (they never went anywhere without each other)
Post a Comment