Followers

December 19, 2016

Crabby Monday...Molting Edition



Hello, Blogville Darlings.   
It's nearly Christmas and we crabby girls are all agog and ready for the festivities! 

Since every girls wants to look her very best for the holiday events, I, Shelldon molted!   


Teeheehee.   Shelldon here.   Yes, I did molt.   I didn't even bury in the sand to do it.  Nope, I just took care of business right out in the open.   POL



So, when I was all done, I left this behind.   It is my old outfit (exoskeleton) which is now out of style for the season.    That's why I needed a new look to celebrate the latest fashions.  


 If you look closely, you'll see some of my leftover outer layers....parts of my long and lovely leggies.


Now you can see a little better.



As you can see, it's totally out of style and simply had to be replaced for the holiday season. 





 And here we are now...together again.   POL.    That's me in my lovely white shell.   My body is a very fashionable pinkish hue now which is all the rage this Winter.     Beachnut's leggies are much darker...she hasn't molted for awhile.    




Beachnut is busy snacking on some fresh orange.   The Hands know we adore tropical fruit!     Off to the left side behind the food bowl you can see what's left of the spectacular duck egg that our darlings Frankie and Ernie gave to us.    We've been pinching and munching on that like crazy.   It tastes extra good to me since calcium helps me recover from my molt and harden up my long and lovely leggies. 


We crabby girls hope that all of you are having a lovely season and find the perfect outfits to wear as you celebrate!

Ciao and Little Pinches,
Shelldon and Beachnut


21 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

I must say that I ,ove the way you change your clothes... it has a lot of benefits to be a crabby girl :O)

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh my, don't you look all sparkly and ready for the Christmas season?!! Thank you for permitting us to be part of your costume change Shelldon, and may you both shine this season!!! Hugs and clackities, YAM-aunty xxx

Robin + Christmas said...

I love the relief and pride that comes with a successful crab molt!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

We just love your new shell, you will be the toast of the holidays for sure!!
Smileys!
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

Mara said...

Oh yes, every girl needs a new outfit for Christmas! And yours looks lovely!

Mara from Norway

Matilda the Boxer said...

Wow, you look grreat! You grrls are always primping for Christmas.

My Mind's Eye said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW Shelldon you look fab!! OMCs when you get a new outfit you go all the way, raging pinkish leggins, dress. Did you get your pinchers painted Ho Ho Red too? WOW
Beachnut probably didn't want to take a chance at getting the same new outfit as you so she is waiting to molt. You know Crabby Girls get really Crabbier when the show up at festivities dressed alike
Hugs madi your bfff

WFT Nobby said...

Shelldon you are quite the brazen hussy - moulting in public like that.
But I must say you do look even more fabulous than usual, all that effort to stay at the forefront of fashion trends has most certainly paid off!
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Laika said...

As a girl myself I really understand, you have to change your wardrobe for Christmas :)

Two French Bulldogs said...

Looking good! Whoooa
Not Naughty,
Lily & Edward

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

You look gorgeous and already for the festivities!

C.L.W.STEP said...

We're always happy to hear from your crabby girls! Glad to see you're both doing well and keeping up with the latest crabby fashions!

Millie and Walter said...

You look stunning in your new skin (if that's what you call it). Looks like you both are all ready for the holidays now.

Idaho PugRanch said...

You must feel very comfortable in your new home to molt right in front of everybody!
hugs
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OMC OMC ... your TIMING is IMPECCABLE to say the LEAST. You are now READY fur the HOLIDAYS all Spiffed and Ready fur the Good Times to come... AND you will start the New Year in your NEW EXOSKELETON ... CLAWfect Timing we say.

Charliedownunder said...

Crikey ...... how do you do that??? Does it hurt?? I must say you look very becoming in your new style. So perfect for Christmas, aye??

M. K. Clinton said...

You are looking gorgeous for the holidays! Great choice of shells. ♥

Anonymous said...

Shelldon your Christmas outfit is fabulous.....I'm sure Beachnut is just a little jealous that you've got a new outfit an she's still in her old one. Oh well....it will happen when it happens right? Meanwhile, I hope you two girls have a wonderful holiday with lots of fresh fruit and duck egg delights!

Hugs, Angel Sammy

Murphy said...

We were amazed to meet you Crabby Girls in the shell this summer. You are masters of disguise!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

Lin said...

What the heck???! I don't know anything about this stuff! I really enjoyed seeing the photos today. Soo....you shed the outer layer?? Do you have to come out of your shell for that? And do you GROW??? Do you need larger shells available to you all the time then???

Oooh, I love this sorta stuff. Fill me in!

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sarge its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow i gess evrywun is putting on there krismas finery inklooding the crabby girls!!! mary krismas to yoo frum us!!! ok bye