April 01, 2014
What's So Special...
Wow, those Crabby Girls are such big jokesters! BWAR HAR HAR They told everyone to check back today to see what's so special... NOTHING. Happy April Fool's Day from the B.O.S. girls Beachnut, Oceana, Shelldon. Silly girls. Shesh.
Anyway, I do want to take today to thank my furiend Sheba for giving me the:
Thanks for thinking of me for this! It's the first award I've gotten for awhile. I'm supposed to tell 10 interesting things about me, but I think I'll tell things about the Crabby Girls instead...
1. They need saltwater and freshwater in their crabitats. That's why they were all agog to receive their mail order of saltwater yesterday. They drink it and sometimes take a dunk in it too. POL
2. The girls will eat most anything tropical and most any seafood. They like oranges, coconut, figs, fish, clams, and yes even crab meat. Anything you might find on a beach is fair game.
3. Inside their shells, their bodies look alot like a shrimp cocktail. POL All soft and curved around.
4. They grow, and as they do, they look for bigger shells to live in. So, they have lots of empty shells in their crabitat so they can move around whenever they feel the need.
5. They are expert climbers. They use those long and lovely leggies to climb up most anything.
6. They are surprisingly strong. They can get one leg up on their loft or a branch and pull themselves right up lickety-split. Their pinchers can turn a stick or piece of bark into a pile of shavings in short order.
7. They have never ever pinched The Hands. Oh, they could, and it would hurt, but they never have. Sometimes a hermit crab will pinch someone if they are scared or if they are exploring what the hand is all about, but the girls have never done that.
8. They can talk! Actually, it's more of a croaking sound. Usually they do this when they are arguing over who gets an especially nice shell. POL
9. They molt. That means sometimes they outgrow the outer layer of their bodies and they have to shed it like a snake sheds its skin. It splits and they wiggle themselves out of it. Underneath they have a new, shiny, slightly bigger body. It is really vulnerable until it hardens up. Sometimes one of the girls will bury herself and not come out for many weeks. This usually means she has molted and doesn't want to be bothered. They usually eat their old exoskeleton because it has lots of calcium in it and they need that to harden up their new body.
10. They can re-grow missing limbs and even eyes! Cool huh?!? Yes, if they lose a leg or an eye in a fight or an accident, the next molt will result in a replacement part. Wow, I don't know any other critter pawsonally who can do that trick. POL
So, there you go. Thanks again to Sheba for the award and I hope you liked these 10 Crabby Girl facts.
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Pol Comm
Posted by Scooter
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
THE CRABBY GIRRRRLS played an April Fool's Joke on US??? They are such Cut Up.
It was super nice fur you to have shared your award with the ladies.
THOSE were very much INTERESTING facts about them.
CONGRATULAIONS on the super award.
Concrabulations Crabby Girls. You always bring us some sunshine on a Moanday. Wow we have climbing in common. Go girls go. Have a terrific Tuesday.
Happy April Fools.
Best wishes Molly
What's so special....THE CRABBY GIRLS ARE SPECIAL, that was a really good idea to tell us more about them on receiving the Sunshine award, congratulations on getting it! I loved learning about them, they really are beautiful in their own unique way! I like that they have never pinched the Hands and I like that they are sooooo cool and can re-grow their limbs and eyes, its great that they are a part of blogville and so interesting to read about! Great post today! Love and licks from your furiend Frank xxxxxx
the crabbies are just pinch-er-rifick ")
LOL We toad-adly fell fur the April Fools joke. It was very nice hearing the 10 things about crabs. That's pretty amazing they can re-grow limbs!
They can re-grow eyes too. That is so fascinating! And I never knew they made noise. Why if only bipeds could regrow limbs.
Thanks for being a friend
Sweet William The Scot
What a great joke Crabby Girls! You got us hook, line & sinker.
Thanks for posting the 10 things about you. We always learn so much from you.
Lily Belle & Muffin
OMC! Day can re-grow body parts? Dat is freaky cool.
So the Hands let them eat their molted skins? Then why does Momma get so mad when I start to eat my poop? Hmm. Double standard!
My mom is backwards..so today she read yesterday's news today! No 'splaining her weirdness.
What beautiful shells you have...so red we had no idea.
OMCrabs nor did we know all of those exciting facts about what 'floats your boats/shells'! Thank the hands for sharing and than you ladies for not feasting on The Hands!
Madi your bfff
Wowzer we didn't know all those interesting things about those crabby girls...I wonder if they are related to crabby abby...that is what my mom secretly calls her boss......
congratulations Sarge on you award ,always nice learning about our fur pals,xx SPeedy
Hey! You got us....we make croaking sounds too BOL
Lily & Edward
Very interesting stuff we didn't know about the crabby gals.
I love all the stuff I learn in blogville! I always wondered what the crabby girls looked like without their shells!
Actually, we didn't know that Hermit crabs were so interesting. GO Crabby girls GO! Great to hear all about them.
Congrats on the award.
XXXOOO Bella & Roxy
You mean the crabby girls sometimes get all nekkid? No shell and all soft? OOww, that must be scarey for them. Of course, they have Sarge to protect them.
Thanks for the info,
Congrats on the awardie Sarge and Gurls!!! I LOVED hearin' all the details abouts you gurls ~ very interesting!! I didn't knows you needed BOTH fresh and salt waters! Very cool
Happy April Fools!!
Howdy Sarge, congratulations on the award. Wowza, we NEVER knew that the crabby girls could molt! We find it fascinating and amazing that they can re grow limbs and eyes!!! Thanks for the interesting facts about your crabby girls. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory
Post a Comment