Followers

September 17, 2011

Snicker Saturday...doga and acorns

Hey everyone!
Wow, I was so excited to create a new look for my blog, but alas, I am having technical difficulties!  BOL  Got everything all set except my really nice header is not stretched across the screen.  Boooooooo.  My peeps and I really, really like this scene so we are a little $&%*(@+*%(&
at Blogger for not being able to fix this. 

Anyway...back to business.  It's Saturday again, and time for me to give you all a little chuckle.  Here you go:




(Yes, that's me carrying a 2x4!)


 Now, just when you thought this was going to be a boring post...Here comes your REAL SNICKER for the day.   See these innocent looking acorns? 
So, last weekend my peeps went fishing.  Well, these little bombs were falling from trees everywhere along the creek.  Things were going along fine when all of a sudden my big, brave, former-cop Dad yelped.  He got hit on the head by one of these cute little fellows.  Mom said she never laughed so hard!  BOL   I guess Dad basically cried like a school girl.  He did have a barely noticable really horrible, painful looking mark on his noggin.  Feel free to giggle....Mom and I sure am!!

So, there you go.  If a branch had hit him, we'd be all sympathetic, but an acorn will get you nothing but mockery!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

12 comments:

Rubie and Poots (her Mum) said...

Hey Sarge,

Thankyou for taking on the investigation of the Quarantine crime of my treat seizure at the Aussie border. I was MOST outraged!! In fact, I'm still not over it!!

I'm also concerned that if you stretch your picture across the screen you will look fat!! BOL! So watch that.

Acorns can hurt if they fall from a giddy height..... but it was funny anyway!

See ya, Tail Wuggles, Rubie.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Blog and computer problems are frustrating. Don't stretch that picture to much you will look like Franky
Benny & Lily

Wyatt said...

We love to visit the oak trees, cuz where there are acorns, there are squirrels!! We just call the Oak trees 'squirrel town'!

Wyatt and Stanzie

Finn said...

Those are some nice poses there Sarge! Poop Pops - hope his head heals!

Anonymous said...

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Hardy Har Har ;D

Waggin at ya,
Roo

The Daily Pip said...

Hey Sarge,

I love the new look! Wow! Great pictures. I am mighty impressed with the one of you carrying that giant board. You are strong!

Your pal, Pip

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

BaaaaaWaaaaah your dad got hit with an ACORN... I suppose there was a SQUIRREL up there Throwin em at him. Butt it is still FUNNY.

Love your Doga. What were you doin with the 2X4?? Plannin to Mash a Munk??? Pound a Poke U Pine? Squash a Squirrel???

Sorry that Blogger made thingys too big.. butt it IS a very pretty header.

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

Meowza, even our mama can easily read your blog now!!!!! Only problem is we have to scroll across to read your posts.

MOL.......are you trying to stretch yourself out to look like Frankie????

xxxxxxxxxx

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We are sure that acorn did not just fall from the tree - some evil squirrel was using a slingshot to pelt them right down at your poor Dad. Time for revenge.

That scene is very beautiful - we bet there is someone out there in blogville who can help make it work.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Stewey said...

Sarge - love the header, even if you're having technical difficulties. BOL about the acorn plop - hee hee!
Stewey

Oskar said...

Maybe your dad is just a little NUTTY, BOL!!!!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Ikes and gazooks....your bloggy got bigified! I nose dere is a squirrel or munk out dere responsible for dis. BWHahahahahaha

Use dat 2 x 4 and pop dos munks on da head....and speaking of heads...hope your Dad's feels all better. Maybe you should give him a wittle lick on his boo boo.