May 16, 2015
Suggestions for R.A.P.
Wow, I've been boggling my doggy brain to come up with all sorts of information, suggestions, hints and tips to help us with Recruit A Pal (R.A.P.)!
Here is a summary of my bestest SUGGESTIONS:
* We are like pen pals through our pets. We are from all over the world. Some of what we do is very real, some of it is virtual and just for fun. We entertain with silliness, we inform with owner tips and product reviews, we inspire, we support each other.
* Spend only as much time as you can. Blogging doesn't have to be time-consuming. Some of us only post 1x each week. Quick easy post ideas include Wordless Wednesdays, Mischief Mondays, Snicker or Silent Saturdays. And Ranger's wacky holidays, See Beautiful, FFHT, Shop Around The World are all ideas to help someone post. Use it as a hobby with friends, use it as a hobby with your kids. Pre-schedule your posts for the whole month all at one time to help it go faster.
* Create a basic, generic blog for someone. That saves them the frustration of learning how to set up a new blog. It will be ready for them to post instantly with no technical worries. They can type in the text and add a pix and will be up-and-running fast and easy. They can always customize it later when they are more comfortable.
* There are lots of prizes! There is a Welcome dance on 6-2-15.
* Show them some examples of life in Blogville. Here are a few ideas:
Fun/Silly: Madi's Box Bash, here 1-10-15; Guy's Day, Frankie 3-23-15; Heart 2 Heart Dance, Murphy & Stanley 2-14-15.
Keeping it Real: Safety Week, here 8-11 through 8-16-14; Holiday Card Exchange 12-25-14; Rescue Transports, Khyra 3-30-15; Auction for Moore Okla, Sidebite 5-31-13; For Angel Greta, Idaho Pugs 9-9-14 & 9-11-14; Agility/frisbee, Sagira.
Inspirational: mydogsam01.blogspotDOTCom; gospelofgoose.blogspotDOTCom; bertdidit.blogspotDOTCom. Lots of us do fostering, support rescue groups, do obedience and agility, adopt challenged pets.
* All species are welcome. They don't have to own and dog or cat. We have furiends who are peeps without pets. Everyone is loved equally in Blogville.
Hope this helps! Good luck as you continue to try to recruit and I thank all of you for your efforts!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Police Commish
Posted by Sarge