Wow, I'm so excited that Recruit A Pal is already a success! We are celebrating our new/return furiends Finn, Charley, Miss Oswin, Brom and Cookie. Don't forget you have until 5-31-15 to recruit someone. This will be my last reminder and informational post...we are in the home stretch!
Recruit A Pal will run the entire month of May through midnight 5-31-15.
Bring a new pal to Blogville or bring back one who hasn’t posted for 1 year.
New/Return pals must post on 6-1-15 to introduce themselves.
New/Return pals must follow at least: their Recruiter, Sarge, & BCCalendar.
Recruiters must notify me (lfurman1987ATyahooDOTcom) by 6-1-15.
Email must include the names and blog addresses of the Recruiter and Pal.
All species are welcome.
Here is a summary of my bestest SUGGESTIONS:
* We are like pen pals through our pets. We are from all over the world. Some of what we do is very real, some of it is virtual and just for fun. We entertain, we inform and we support.
* Spend only as much time as you can. Blogging doesn't have to be time-consuming. Some of us only post 1x each week. Quick easy post ideas include Wordless Wednesdays, Mischief Mondays, Snicker or Silent Saturdays. And Ranger's wacky holidays, See Beautiful, FFHT, Shop Around The World are all ideas to help someone post. Use it as a hobby with friends, use it as a hobby with your kids. Pre-schedule your posts for the whole month all at one time to help it go faster.
* Create a basic, generic blog for someone. That saves them the frustration of learning how to set up a new blog. It will be ready for them to post instantly with no technical worries. They can type in the text and add a pix and will be up-and-running fast and easy.
* Show them some examples of life in Blogville. Here are a few ideas:
Fun/Silly: Madi's Box Bash, here 1-10-15; Guy's Day, Frankie 3-23-15; Heart 2 Heart Dance, Murphy & Stanley 2-14-15.
Keeping it Real: Safety Week, here 8-11 through 8-16-14; Holiday Card Exchange 12-25-14; Rescue Transports, Khyra 3-30-15; Auction for Moore Okla, Sidebite 5-31-13; For Angel Greta, Idaho Pugs 9-9-14 & 9-11-14; Agility/frisbee, Sagira.
Inspirational: mydogsam01.blogspotDOTCom; gospelofgoose.blogspotDOTCom; bertdidit.blogspotDOTCom. Lots of us do fostering, support rescue groups, do obedience and agility, adopt challenged pets.
* All species are welcome. They don't have to own and dog or cat. We have furiends who are peeps without pets. Everyone is loved equally in Blogville.
Don't forget 6-1-15 all new/return pals must post all about themselves and their blog.
Don't forget the big community-wide Welcome Dance is on 6-2-15.
My thanks to our successful recruiters: Lassie, Benji, YAM Aunty, FnE.
My thanks to all of the Dance helpers: Security by Sidebite; Music by DJ Rockin' Wills; Music by Bad Dawg Agency; Foodables by Chef Sasha; Blog Hop by Oz; Photo Booth by Dory; Matchmaker services by Yente Ruby.
My thanks to all of the Prize Sponsors too! FnE; Madi; Doods; Sasha; Oz; Oreo; Abby.
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Event Host