Followers

July 28, 2012

Olympic Swimming...Winning Whales

Hey Everyone!    Gosh, you do not want to miss out on the other ultra-fun event happening today!  Check out JAZZI's WINDOW NOSE ART competition!  And these other cool events too:
BALANCE BEAM:  CORY & COMPANY
HIGH JUMP:  PENELOPE & KOZMO
RED DOT-A-THON:  PURRCHANCE TO DREAM
SYNCHRONIZED SNOOZING:  ISLAND CATS
TEAM LOUNGING:  DAISY MAE & CHARMEE



Wow, thanks for checking back in on my big OLYMPIC SWIMMING EVENT DAY!   Don't forget to go back to the 6am & 8am group of small dogs and cats in the Mighty Minnow events.  And be sure to go back to 10am to see the Splashing Salmon group of mid-sized dogs.  Then, don't miss the 6pm edition with Extreme Exotics for all of those other swimming critters.   So, are you ready?!?   Here come those big dogs...these are the Winning Whales!



Lifeguard PUDDLES has taken up her chair!
The whales are safe and ready to start!


200m STARTING BLOCKS


First up in this event is my very very good furiend, Garth Riley!  
He's swimming up a storm here and creating massive gravity waves.  Amazing work!!





Hey, here's my buddy, ROO!
Wow, talk about a brave Ocean Swimmer!  Pawesome (yet scary) job!  Super Gravity Waves!



Check out my furiend, GOOSE!  
He's working those toned up long legs in the 100m Freestyle Cross Country division!


This is my very good furiend, FINN!
She's really splashing hard & looking fit!  Excellent "In Water" start in the Individual Medley!



OPEN WATER VENUE



I have a great new furiend named RAMA!
So unique & beautiful...& what a strong swimmer!  Great job in the Freestyle competition!






Wow, look at my Great Dane furiend, TUCKER!
He's really a super competitor in the 100m Stick Relay division!  Way to go, buddy!



OMD, look at DECCY!
He's all ready to race with his snorkel set-up!  He's ready for the 10K Marathon now!


200m INDIVIDUAL MEDLEY VENUE


Hey everyone, it's MANGO!
For today's Water Polo Match, he's all set with his favorite ball!  Great job, MRH!




WATER POLO VENUE



Hey, this is SHAWNEE and her sis Dixie!
Everyone else is going the wrong way!  What a lead in the 100m Breast Stroke!  Great job!





Here's the golden swimmer LUKE!
Look at that form as he launches from the In Water Start!  Great reaction time!
Luke doesn't have a blog, but we hope he will someday.  Thanks for joining in with us!



Swimming in now is my buddy, CORBIN!
He looks so fit and powerful here in the 100m Relay contest!  He's one smooth dude fur sure!



MURPHY and STANLEY are up next!
Growing into Winning Whales so fast, look how athletic they are in the Cross Country set!



OMD, look at BERT!
Amazing reaction time off the starting Block!  He's flying through the Open Water Medley!


OPEN WATER 10k MARATHON COURSE LAYOUT


SUGAR's training program is certainly paying off!
Check out her concentration & incredible strength here in the Open Water 10k Marathon!


These large athletes have all trained so hard and it shows!  They are fabulous examples of conditioning & raw talent.  All are eligible for the pawticipation ribbon & I hope they'll grab it & proudly add it to their own blogs.  What a great day in the world of competitive swimming!

Thanks so much for pawticipating in the Swimming Event!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Host

















33 comments:

Unknown said...

OMDS! Are they ever good or what! Winners at their best!
Lovies, Miss Mindy

Finn said...

Oh wow, stiff competition in my size-class! Great job everyone!!!

Lovable Lily said...

Wow, the Whales are at their best! We all better get our towels ready cuz we're gonna have some mighty wet puppers tonight.

Awesome job swimmers!!

Hugs,
Lily Belle

Shawn said...

We were on the edge of our stadium seats watching today's swimming events!!
Congratulations to all pawticipants, we hope you get extra treats tonight!

Winston, Chloe and Cecil

Declan said...

Wow there are a lot of us Big Guys out there who enjoy a bit of strenuous exercise...ahem....!! Deccy x

Ziggy Stardust said...

Sarge, what a pawsome event. I was on the edge of my blanket with excitement. There are some excellent swimmers in here. Puddles looks gorgeous in her suit. Thank you for hosting this wonderful event.

Loveys Sasha

Anonymous said...

Truly PAWSOME athletic pawformances by ALL! I have so enjoyed the Swimming Event! Thank you Sarge for Hosting it! :D Yes, I will be back for the final Meat er Meet ;P Hardy Har Har :)

Waggin at ya,
Roo

GOOSE said...

I could not be prouder, not to mention humbled, to be competing with all these world class athletes. What a great event.
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH SARGE for being our most excellent host.
Blessings,
Goose

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OMD OMD THOSE BIG Un's CAN MOVE through the water like FISH... THIS is soooooo exciting. I have loved ALL THREE EVENTS... and I am sure that the last one will be a WHALE of an Event Also!!

Thank dawgness Puddles has NOT had to get her furs wet... SO FAR.

Berts Blog said...

What a lot of great competetors. We loved every category, every photo. Congrats to everyone....

Anonymous said...

Whoa! That was SO exciting! And, uh, a little skeery. Getting water on my Most Beautiful Brindle Furs gives me the heebie-jeebies so I am mightily impressed with all the competitors!!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Henry's human said...

Fantastic athletes! Those doggies are superb!!

Unknown said...

Sarge one word FANTASTIC! Stop by tomorrow and meet a new friend.
Best wishes Molly.

Two French Bulldogs said...

this is hilarious
Benny & Lily

Sweet William The Scot said...

My water pressure dropped, was it because all these big guys jumped in. They are all really good swimmers. Thanks Sarge for bringing us the Olympic Swimming Event.
Thanks for being a friend
Sweet William The Scot

ZOOLATRY said...

Mighty Minnows, Splashing Salmon, Winning Whales ... Sarge, you've outdone yourself with these events, one and all. We can all say farewell to Michael Phelps ... he doesn't stand a chance against all you furry four-legged waterbabies!
Great Event ...

Backcountry Brodie said...

I won, I won! OK, we all won, BOL. Hey, why is Puddles lifeguard when she don't even swim? Whew, glad I made it back so shore. I know, she just wants to show off her gawjuss self.

My Mind's Eye said...

MOL MOL MOL

What a great competition you have ongoing today. By chance do you know where Puddles bought her most form fitting dress. I'd like one to match
Hugs Madi

My Mind's Eye said...

PS I've clicked on the links to Red dot a thon the post showing is July 13 and Island cats post is yesterday.
do you know what dates those will be posted?
Hugs Madi

Frank The Tank said...

Oh my, these big dogs have really shown us little ones how its done! I have so many furiends in this swimming division! I want to congratulate every one of you for doing such a great job! Great event Sarge you have really shown your hosting skills! I've got to take a nap now after all of this excitement and I'm still pooped from my swim! Good job! Love, Licks and Zzzz..... Frank x x x x x x x x x x x

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Sarge... I gotta SAY this..
You make a GRRRRRRREAT sports

Common Tater.

The World According to Garth Riley said...

Wow! What an amazing group of competitors! The photo of Roo and the hammerhead shark is a bit unnerving, however.

I thought I was in the Splashing Salmon category, so when I didn't see my entry, I thought I must have been disqualified due to past youthful indiscretions discovered by the Olympic Committee. So I'm EXTREMELY relieved to find myself in the Winning Whales category (which I believe is appropriate considering my stocky English lab build).

Thanks Sarge! You run a fabulous competition!

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

WOW! That was so exciting. We were on the edge of our chairs.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & roxy

3 doxies said...

Wooooohoooo...ya'll goooooo! Everybuddy did such a wonderful jon=b...well, Deccy, I thinks he was nappin (one less dog I has to look afters). I am just do darn impressed withs all these dogs skills in da water. How comes they don't melt like me?
Dang, I does look good don't I?

Puddles

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Great swimming all around. But dachshunds like me and Sissy don't swim....we can'r paddle with our short little legs0

Sniff ya later..........Weenie

K9 Katastrophie said...

That is pawsome! They all look great!

Licks,
Ruthie

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Wow what an awesome bunch of competitors. Everyone looks so great.

Matilda the Boxer said...

Grreat job, everyone! I'm so impressed and inspired to keep on swimming!

Bassetmomma said...

Those are some terrific athletes Sarge! The competition is fierce. What a good job by all. :)

The Daily Pip said...

Puddles, is that you???? My, oh my!

Your pal, Pip

Tucker said...

Sarge- excellent job hosting the swimming event. However, I'm a little concerned about Puddles be able to save me if I fall in. My head is bigger then her whole body, how will she tow me back. Maybe a bigger stronger gal like Shawnee - I mean she's got endurance- should be my lifeguard.

woof - Tucker

Posie said...

wowsies, they werr awll grayte, butt deccys wun made me laff n laff!!! N Mangos waz jusht priyceless! yeah! love n likks, pdorg xoxx

Asta said...

Anothew spectacoolaw event
Despite theiw gigantic hoogeness, the pawticipants moved wif the gwace of dolphins. Amazing. Huwwah fow all these bwilliant athletes

Smoochie kisses
Asta