Followers

July 09, 2012

Crabby Monday...Practical Joke


Hello Blogville!  Toodle-ooo to Turkle and Hi to Froggle & Marshie!
Shelldon here, with a great big laugh for all of you today!

 Last week I pulled off the biggest practical joke ever pulled on a Hand.  
Oh My Clawed, it was hysterical!  



So the other day, The Hand reached in and picked me up.  When she did, there was this yucky PLOP sound, and this fell out of my shell...

OMC the screeching!  She began to holler, "oh, noooooo...my beloved Shelldon is dead!"  She was joined by the other Hand and they both started boohoo-ing and wailing. 


The Hand got this lifeless, strange blob out of the crabitat right away.  Oh the horror!  Poor deceased Shelldon.   Then it was time to completely clean and sterilize the crabitat so that Beachnut wouldn't be all grossed-out by the corpse.  YUCK!   So, The Hand reached back in and picked up my no-longer-needed shell to remove it and BOING!  Out popped a Shelldon leg!   Now, The Hand nearly fainted, but still managed to screech again.  LOL. Yikes, it was loud!  Then the leg immediately disappeared.  I could hear The Hands debating this chain of events.  Was that really a leg?  Was it a live leg or an unattached, dead leg?  Could it be...did Shelldon simply MOLT?!?!?!?
Oh, they were totally stumped.   They waited about an hour, picked up my maybe-no-longer-needed shell and turned it over and out wiggled all of my VERY VERY LIVING legs!  More screeching from The Hands as they realized they'd been had.  Yes, I had molted and the blob was just my exoskeleton that I shed because I had outgrown it.

Here I am before the molt.

And here I am after the molt!  Notice how much lighter and colorful I am now?!?
If you look at that exoskeleton, you'll see I even shed my antennae!
Neat trick, isn't it?!?!
Sure fooled The Hands!

Little Pinches,
Shelldon (and Beachnut)


23 comments:

Lovable Lily said...

We were on the edge of the couch holding our breath reading your post today! Whew.... awesome joke you played on the Hand! Sure had us fooled too.

Hugs,
Lily Belle & Muffin

Mollie said...

That was cool :) Molly the Wally sent us to join in the Olympics, we want's to do swimmin but as we are new to bloggie, we is not sure what we has to do. :) Perhaps you could help.
Hugs
Mollie

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

SHELLDON... that is the funniest joke I have ever heard. You really pulled a fast one on the hands. CLAWS DOWN the best. You really put the pinch on them.

GOOSE said...

Great joke, just great! I can picture the Hands freaking out. Bawhahhhaha
Blessings,
Goose

Asta said...

WOW,
You awe a twickstew and had all of us fooled..you look mowe comfowtabull all light and colowful and weady fow fun summew time
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Asta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Asta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Asta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scooter said...

Hey Mollie!
Wow, I hope you see this comment and I want to welcome you to Blogville! Any furiend of Molly the Wally is a furiend of mine. I'd like to get you some info about the Olympics & my Swimmie event, but I can't seem to link to your profile/blog. Could you please email me at
lfurman1987ATyahooDOTCOM
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Athlete

Unknown said...

Hey Sarge let us know where to send entry for your event to? Have a good Monday!
Best wishes Molly

Two French Bulldogs said...

You must beware of those nutty hands
Benny & Lily

Dachshund Nola said...

Oh you scared me there!
Nola

sprinkles said...

I held my breath there for a moment thinking you really had died! So glad you just shed that exoskeleton and that you're doing just fine!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Where do we send swimming entry?

Thanks
JB

Rama's Mama said...

Oh my goodness! Dat would freak out the hands fo sho! Woof!

Hey, The Mama wanted to know if we could get info on entering the olympic event you are hosting. She couldn't find your email addy to send our entry. Thanks!

http://raisingrama.blogspot.com/

tubby3pug said...

Pretty neat, you are the most exciting crab we know

urban hounds

K9 Katastrophie said...

HAAAAAAHAAAAAA!! Wow! I was scared it was the end! But you sure fooled everyone! I din't know that crabs shed their X-O skelton! That is incredible!! But I am so releaved that you are A ok!

Shell Flakes,
Turkle

Pee.s. I will definantly be entering the swimming event!

Matilda the Boxer said...

That is a PAWSOME joke!! BOL!

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Wow that's pretty cool.

Ziggy Stardust said...

Shelldon, I was so scared that you were across the rainbow bridge and you tricked everyone That is a pretty cool trick that you do, a little gross but also cool. There should be an Olympic event for that, you would win every time.

Loveys Sasha

Bassetmomma said...

That didn't just scare the crap out of me it freaked me out! LOL!

Frank The Tank said...

Oh that was one crazy story, you had me hanging on every single world! Way to scare the hands Sheldon! That is one neat trick! The best practical joke that I have seen anyone pull EVER! Love Frank x x x x x x

Anonymous said...

BOL Shelldon! That was not a very nice joke.
HAhahahahahahahha! OMD! Good one my eight legged pal ;)

Waggin at ya,
Roo