Followers

October 24, 2014

Flashback Friday...HowlOWeen Past



Hey everyone!
Wow, it's Friday again already!   The last couple of weeks I showed you my HowlOWeen costumes from recent years and this week I'm up to last year's holiday.



Here is what HowlOWeen looked like in my territory in 2013....







My date was the lovely Millie and we dressed up as candy corn and a hershey's kiss!   BOL







The crabby girls spent the howliday with their dashing beau Coccolino:::





They hit the dance floor too!







AND:   Oceana wrote a Ghost Story for Madi's event: 
Here is her story:


The Seagull
Once inside a crabitat dreary, while I wandered scared and leary

Over many a glamorous empty shell and sandy floor;

All at once there came a banging as if something loudly clanging,

Clanking at my cocohut door
‘Tis the wind and nothing more.’

Open now I threw the shutter and in the bird came with a flutter

As I then began to shudder, wondered at a sight not seen before;

To what would cause this stark intrusion and upon me cause confusion

Worry what this gull’d emplore, why he's here inside my door;

Quoth the Seagull ‘Nevermore’.

Then to me he told his tale, upon the surf he saw arose a tail

And a fin that could only mean a whale;

Teeth to kill with blood and gore, the creature flashed a vile smile

Quoth the Seagull ‘Nevermore’.

It thrashed and caused the sea to foam, and frightened animals all did moan

And scurry and swim and fly ashore, lest they perish and live no more;

By this the gull did scare by telling, all the while my fear is welling

The whale in my mind I see, and from its horror I would flee;

Should it here in my crabitat would be

Quoth the Seagull ‘Nevermore’.



Furthered by the bird’s strange telling, soon it occurred to me a clearing

Of the gull and his real meaning, as all is not quite what it’s seeming;

This odd gull’s whale is not all flesh, but rather is a see-through mesh

Made of fog and mist and spirit, nothing more of this is to it;

A ghost whale is the real subject of this sly lore,

Only this and nothing more.

Thankfully he left no dropping as he flew from my hut topping

Still I feel the fear he caused, and before the surf I always paused;

Looking for the ghost whale form and the fearsome smile that it wore

Quoth the Seagull ‘Nevermore’.
 


Didn't she write a great story for HowlOWeen?!?    Did you get your pix sent to Dory for her upcoming party?!?

Grr and Woof,
Sarge,  Pol Comm






26 comments:

Katie http://myminipetpig.com/ said...

Oh Crabby Girls, I am so behind on festivities, will you forgive me?! Ever since this puppy came, Mamma doesn't let me in to see you often enough. Oceana, what a great story! I always knew your talent ;-)

Unknown said...

Now that was a super story. Bravo and well done Oceana. Have a fabulous Friday.
Best wishes Molly

Julie said...

Great costumes, can't wait to see this years
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Cowspotdog said...

excellent story and costumes

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

A big paws up for the great story! You make such a cute "kiss"... ;)

stellaroselong said...

We must have been on a big time out then cos we missed that party...great costumes.
stella rose

Unknown said...

THAT is a GRRRRREAT story! You looked mighty handsome as a Hershey's Kiss, Sarge. I bet ALL the girls swooned.
Happy Friday!
Oz

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

WE remember that SCARY Howl O Ween story.... very well.

You all look MARVELOUS in your claws tooms.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

So many adorable costumes!!! What a crawesome ghost story/poem!
Smileys!
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo
PeeEss...thanks for the shout out!!

Golden Daily Scoop said...

Great story and fantastic costumes!!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Crabby girls you are killing us! BOL
Lily & Edward

Matilda the Boxer said...

You were a pretty grreat Kiss, and I loved the Crabby Girls' costumes! I did FINALLY make Momma get up off her behind and send our pictures to Dory. JUST in time!

My Mind's Eye said...

what a great flash back....Sarge you and Millie were tooooooo sweeet for words. MOL
The crabby girls have some serious rhythm I can still hear their claws clicking. Oceana is one fine story teller too.....
thanks for the memories. We had such great stories.
hugs madi your bfff

Backcountry Brodie said...

What a pawsome Howloween story and it even rhymes and stuff.

Scooter said...

Halloween is so much fun. Addi got her pics sent in already!!

Idaho PugRanch said...

We had a lot of fun last year at our pumpkin gut slide!
great memories
hugs
Mr Bailey & Hazel

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Edgar Allan Poe would be so proud...BOL!

Great costumes.

Murphy said...

That was a great Halloween!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

Taffy said...

I remember all that! You and Millie were so stinking cute!

Ziggy Stardust said...

You and Millie looked pawfect together. That was a great story, it was really really pawsome. I loved it. I am not so big on the whole costume thing as you might see on my blog.


Loveys Sasha

Daisy said...

I love the flashback pics! You sure do have some creative costumes in your house. That story is soooo spooky. I'm off to have my costume photo-shoot!
oxox
Daisy

Laika said...

What a great halloween you had.

Millie and Walter said...

Hi Sarge,

I sure had a great time last Halloween on our date. Those crabby girls are cute too.

Millie

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Can't wait to see what 2014 brings!

sprinkles said...

What a story!

Can't wait to see what 2014 will bring.

Rubie and Poots (her Mum) said...

Hey Sarge .... I bet you would score even more licks dressed as a Hersheys kiss!! Pawsome costumes!

Tail Wuggles, Rubie xxx