Followers

March 17, 2014

My Date with Hazel


Hey Everyone!
Wow, this is such a fun holiday!    Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of you, my furiends.   I decided it was a perfect chance to have a fun date and I'm so thrilled that my gal for the day is the gorgeous Hazel from Idaho Pug Ranch!    Aren't I lucky?!?    YES I AM!



Well, I started our day off by taking Hazel to a St Patrick's Day Parade!    And the coolest part is that as Blogville Police Commissioner, I have my very own car and we got to ride in the big parade together.   This is always fun.   She looks amazing today with her fashionable Irish bow!  


OMD this is great!
We're representing the pawesome Blogville Police Dept and enjoying 
a fun ride in one of our biggest parades of the year!



So, after the parade, I thought we should hit the local library and sniffle out some info about this fun holiday.


Wow, look at all of these books!   
We're surrounded by tons of research material. 




Okay, today is the celebration of Saint Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland.
It honors the arrival of Christianity in Ireland and celebrates its culture and history.
It became an official holiday there in 1903.    Ireland has many coastal low mountains
and lush vegetation.   It also has many amazing castles.
It is traditional to wear shamrocks or green and be Irish at least for the day.



It was really great to learn a little about today so that we can be sure to celebrate in high style.  After hitting the books, we decided to enjoy the March weather!


YIPEE!   This amazing March weather is perfect for kite flying!
Hazel and I found a perfect open field and let our kites take to the skies.
OMD she's really good at this!  



Drat, I got a little tangled in the tail!   BOL
Thanks to a little help from Hazel, I was able to send my kite to the clouds.
Boy is it breezy!    This is a great way to enjoy the outdoors.




After running around the field with our kits, we thought we should look for some shamrocks.


Boy, those four-leaf jobbers are really rare!  BOL
 The nice green grass felt so good on our paws.   It was perfect for a little roaching
and rolling too.   BWAR HAR HAR



So after all of that running around and rolling, we were starting to get a little hungry.   To keep the Irish theme going, I took Hazel to a local pub and Irish restaurant for some foodables and drinkies.



 This looks like a super place to get a bite!




OMD what a delish meal!  
We had the traditional corned beef and cabbage that is perfect for today.
Hazel and I enjoyed every bite and shared a few seconds too.  BOL





We hit the pub to quench our thirst a little!    Kite flying is hard work.






Hey Hazel, is my tongue green now????
Oh, who cares, right?!?   BWAR HAR HAR
This stuff is really tasty.   We even had some mint
ice cream for dessert.   Mint goes great with everything today.





Hazel and I also enjoyed some time in the park where we got to see
some traditional Irish dancing.   We curled up on a blanket and watched
the amazing show.   Wow, those gals can really kick up their heels.
It was a fabulous performance and we had a great time.  
The celtic music was really festive.


OMD I had a great day with my lovely Hazel!   She's such a fun girl and she knows how to have a great time.    I sure hope she had as much fun as I did.   Celebrating Saint Patrick's Day is always great, but today, Hazel made my day amazing and extra special.    


At the end of a perfect day together, I gave my Hazel a sweet smooch on the cheek and told her she is wonderful.


Thanks for sharing my day today, Hazel!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Pol Comm










25 comments:

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

What a Great Day for the both of you! I think I'll just sleep my day away today!

Hap-Pee St. Paddy's Day!

Unknown said...

Wow Sarge you sure know how to show a doglet as good time. We know you made her day. Have a marvellous Monday and Happy St Patrick's Day and may luck be with you.
Best wishes Molly

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

What a great date Sarge! Have a happy St. Patty's!

Cowspotdog said...

well that was one might fine date for sure - you two looked like you had so much fun

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

What a FABULOUS St. Paddy's Day Date to took Hazel on. We LOVE that you two got to LEAD the Pawrade. Being Commissioner Of Pawlice REALLY pays off.
Your date looked just BEAUTIFUL with that Green Furs Bow and you looked Handsome in your Bandanna.
It is a date to beat all dates fur SURE. Corned Beef, Green Beer, and MINT I Scream were super choices. Buddy you even added a bit of cultures by taking her to the LIBRARY to research this Fun Holiday. Bravo BRAVO on a SUPER Time.

My Mind's Eye said...

OH MY DOGS SARGE YOU SET THE DATING BAR HIGH TODAY! Hazel the Pug must have a tad of Irish blood too for she was most lucky today.
Flying kites looks like fun too
Hugs madi your bfff

Matilda the Boxer said...

What a grreat time you two had! That Hazel is a SUPER fun date.

FiveSibesMom said...

Oh what a fun date! Love the pics! And you guys look so fabulous in the parade and representing the PD! An Irish Pub is a great way to end the day! Happy St. Paddy's Day and may it be filled with Irish blessings and good wishes (and some green treats) for all!

stellaroselong said...

OH MY PUG OH MY PUG what a wonderful date with Hazel we just loved reading all the different things you guys did, and she got to ride in that car wif you and everything and you fed her and dranks beer, you are just a great gentleman for sure Sarge...we loved seeing Hazel smile!!
stella rose, maggie and gussie

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

PS stop by our blog tomorrow, we have something for you!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day
Lily & Edward

Anonymous said...

woah, what a great idea to visit the library. Sarge that was really great! I bet Hazel liked the date as much as the sweet smooch on her cheek. Happy St. Patricks Day!

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a great date. Super fun. A parade and everything.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Purrs,
Nissy

Idaho PugRanch said...

Oh Sarge, I am having the best time today on our St Paddy's Day date!I felt like a queen riding in the parade with you and I love the library, we are big readers at our house. Everything has been so special, I am the luckiest gal in blogville today.
Hugs
Hazel

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Sarge, you ALWAYS come up with some GREAT dates. We're GREEN with envy.

XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

Millie and Walter said...

You sure know how to show a girl a good time Sarge. Hazel is the lucky one today.

Ranger said...

Pawsome date dare. You two look sooooooo good together in your greens.
Happy St. Paddy's day.
Wags,
Ranger

Sweet William The Scot said...

I am wishing you a Happy St. Patrick's Day and that is no blarney Sarge. Why taking you date to a library of all places. Well I think you showed Hazel how widely diversified you are Sarge.
Thanks for being a friend
Sweet William The Scot

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Sarge, you and your date had the very best time ever!!! I loved all the wonderful pictures--thanks so much and thank you for your visit to my blog!!!!

Murphy said...

Wow, what a time you two had!! And you make a lovely couple! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Your O'Doodle Pals,

McMurphy & McStanley

Dachshund Nola said...

Looks fun! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Nola

Ruby said...

Wowsa!!! Sure looks like you guys had a most FABulous day!! I likes all the info abouts St. Patrick's Day, this is very important..Ma thinks everyone should know why we are drinkin' all that Guinness!! BOL
Just kiddin'!!
Anyhu, sure looks like you had a day to remembers!
Hopes you don't have green tongues for a week!!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Wow Sarge!! Looks like you and Hazel had a fantastic St Paddy's Day. Flying kites too!!

Happy Belated St Patrick's Day!!

♥♥♥Mona & Prissy

Katie http://myminipetpig.com/ said...

Oh Sarge, what a wonderful date you and Hazel had! Such fun and always good to hit the books :-) Give my crabby girls a big piggy kiss please!

Little Miss Titch said...

That looks a lot of fun,Happy St paddy day,xx Speedy