Followers

July 19, 2013

Foodables Friday...Frosty Paws part 2


Hey Everyone!
Wow, it's been incredibly hot here in my territory so I've been enjoying my homemade Frosty Paws treats!  OMD they are delish and cool and refreshing.   As soon as my Peeps get to the big city, they'll be using the coupons I got from my furiend Wyatt to get me a box of the real Frosty Paws too!

Now, remember a while back when my peeps went with F-n-E and Mamaw and Papaw Pantslegs to the Pet Expo in Pittsburgh?  See, my Mom bought this amazing invention for me...


 Remember this?



It's the Happy Lapper and it is designed to hold those little frozen treat cups so they don't slide all over while we snack.  It saves our peeps from having to hold them too!  BOL   Anyway, I absolutely love this thing.  I'm not being paid or anything to tell you this, I just wanted to follow up on it.  Click on Happy Lapper to see the website if you want to get one for yourself.   I use mine all the time.  Now, after that last post, lots of you asked about the homemade frozen treats I get.   So, here's the recipe...it's super easy!

Homemade Frosty Paw Treats
32 ounces of Plain Yogurt
1 tablespoon of Peanut Butter
2 teaspoons of Honey
1 Banana
Plus, you could add 1/4 cup strawberries, or blueberries or cranberries if you'd like.
Put all of this in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.   Pour into freezable cups.

See?!?  Super easy...and totally yummy.   BTW:  Mamaw found those little blue cups at the Dollar Store!  They hold just the right amount, freeze perfectly and fit right in my Happy Lapper.



Well, there were tons of amazing things at that Pet Expo, and I wanted to share one other cool thing that my peeps did while they were there.  They found a booth that supports research for canine cancer!  OMD this is such an important issue.  My peeps made a donation, and bought a gorgeous bandana for me!   


Here's the booth that was raising canine cancer awareness!
It is from the  2MillionDogsdotORG website.


Here are all of their bandanas!

And this is me, playing with my mental pawprint treat toy and wearing 
my new Puppy Up canine cancer awareness bandana.

My peeps were thinking our all of our furiends who have been effected by the evil C, like Benny and Thunder.  So, furiends, don't forget to support Benny as he Fights Like a Frenchie!  There are still lots of events around Blogville to help him with his medical bills.

Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP










13 comments:

Cowspotdog said...

Thanks for the recipe....we will try that out..have a wonderful weekend

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

WE LOVED that PetExpo in Pittsburger.

We had Frosty Paws last night too. So refreshing. Mom used that same recipe.

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Oh yah, I could handle one of those. Maybe Mommy will make us some.

Have a great weekend.

♥♥♥Prissy

Unknown said...

Have a fabulous Friday and stay cool. We are going to make popsicles tomorrow as it is well hot here too.
Best wishes Molly

Lovable Lily said...

Thanks Sarge for the recipe! That sounds so yummy and we can't wait to try it.

We love your new bandana. Wear it proudly as it's impawtant to get the message out there.

Hugs,
Lily Belle & Muffin

Anonymous said...

Sarge that homemade frosty paw looks so good, even my Momma could make it. We didn't know about this organization, so we are going to go and check it out!

GOOSE said...

While I like my Frosty Paws holder (my MOM) I think I really could use the one you have. And tonight I am going to have MOM make your yumminess. I'm drooling about it right now..
Blessings,
Goose

stellaroselong said...

OUr mom promised she would make us something frozen over the hot weekend and hopefully it will not be frozen water.
stella rose

GizmoGeodog said...

Momz has made those for me Sarge and they're yummy! Have a great weekend!

My Mind's Eye said...

All these frosty paws post are making me wish I was a K9!!just for a moment!
MOL
Madi your bfff

Idaho PugRanch said...

Yum Yum, We told Mom to make some for us, 94 degrees again today and that would be a great way to cool off
hugs
Bailey, Hazel & Greta

Anonymous said...

Great another foodie post an I am on a Diet, see I am becoming a grouch!

Susie

sprinkles said...

Thank you for that recipe! I copied it down, so that I can make it for my boys. It's been in the triple digits here for several days in a row, so I'm sure they'd appreciate having a cool treat.