January 07, 2012
My Mom is One Huge Big FLAKE
Wow, I gotta give you the biggest, bestest example of Mom's flakey nature. Here it is:
SHE USED TO LOSE HER POCKETBOOK ALL THE TIME!
Really. She left her purse in odd places...alot. In her defense, she hates them. Always has. But still...
Here is the list of the worst cases.
1. She's walking through a mall in Cleveland, yes the big city of Cleveland of all places, when she hears her name over the loudspeaker. She runs to Customer Service and they have her purse. She left it in the bathroom. Not a penny was missing from it.
2. She drove 1 1/2 hours from her house in Ohio to her parents' house (Mamaw & Papaw Pantslegs-Frankie's Peeps) and then when she left, she forgot her pocketbook. She didn't notice until she got clear back home. Mom and Mamaw had to each drive half way to meet and relay-race the purse.
3. She went to a Sam's Club right outside of Pittsburgh, yes the big city of Pittsburgh. She did her shopping for her office and went back to work. She got all settled in at her desk and realized she left her pocketbook in the cart in the parking lot. She raced back (about 10 miles) through traffic to Sam's and found her purse in the cart in the parking lot right where she left it. Not a penny was missing from it.
4. She once worked in a building 55 minutes from home. One Saturday morning, she got ready to leave the house and realized that she left her purse in her desk at the end of the day Friday. Yup, drove all the way back to the office get it.
5. This one was the final straw...The last time she left her pocketbook anywhere...We think this one cured her permanently. She was on a weekend get-away, about 2 hours from the house, on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in a busy county near Pittsburgh. She stopped for lunch at one of those service plazas. Got back on the pike and realized she forgot her purse. She had to get off at the next exit, pay the toll, loop around and get back on the pike headed the other direction, get another toll ticket, drive past the plaza to the next exit, get off, pay the toll, loop around and get back on the pike going the right direction again, get a toll ticket, get off at the service plaza and run into the Burger King. Her purse wasn't in the booth! She ran to the counter and the manager had her purse. Someone turned it in for her. Not a penny was missing from it.
I couldn't make stuff like this up! BWAR HAR HAR. All these times (I only hit the high points), she has never permanently lost it and nothing has ever been taken from it. UNBELIEVABLY LUCKY! The turnpike one was about 12 years ago now, so it's been awhile since this has happened. She might actually be totally cured of this. BOL. Every now and then in the car going down the road, she suddenly jumps like she's been shot and reaches to be sure her purse is really there. Teeheehee. Talk about nutty! Total Flake Material! So, there you go. My Mom's a flake.
I hope you've enjoyed this event. I've loved reading all of your funny stories. Next up will be the big drawing, so tune in on January 11th for the winners!
Grr and Woof,