Wow, I get to do another Half Full Friday post!
I've got a nice list for this week.
Here we go:
1. Monday and Tuesday I got 8 inches of SNOW!!! Yeeehaaaaaa. That's enough for me to do serious snow zoomies and leaps into piles of fluff.
2. All of the Christmas stuff got put away and now my house is back to normal.
3. I still had some Christmas yummers left this week. I munched on the huge big bone my peeps gave me and I finished up the box of gourmet snackers that My Bestest Girl Zona gave me.
4. Zona agreed to be my date for the big Blogville Valentine's Day Dance!! For info about the dance, see Jess and Glacier's 1-4-12 post.
5. Mr Dell had some issues the other night, but a guy came from Hughesnet last night so that I could bark furiously at him while he fixed it all back up again! He was sure I was fierce and scary and now Mr Dell works just great.I hope all of you had a great half-full week too! For all the details about Half Full Friday, please link on over to see Sprinkles, my Wylde Chylde furiend.
Okay, back to the details about how my Mom's a great big ole Flake!
So, Mom has this issue...she's totally paranoid that she'll oversleep. She's been this way all her life. First for school, then college, then work. She has her own personal internal alarm clock so wound up that she usually wakes up about 5 minutes before the real alarm rings every, single, solitary time! No kidding. The alarm very, very rarely actually rings.
This is the headboard of Mom's side of the bed. The hat is there because before her eye surgery, she was hopelessly nearsighted and couldn't see a standard sized clock....so she has this one:
You can just barely see how HUGE the numbers are. They're so big and bright that she can't sleep unless it's covered by this hat. How nutty is this?!?!?! Now, see the other smaller clock? That's her paranoia backup wind-up clock in case the real one doesn't go off. Anytime there is storm activity, both alarms get set in case the real one doesn't work if the power goes out. Then the wind-up one kicks in. Of course, she is always awake minutes before either of these things could possibly go off, so no one in my house even remembers what they sound like! BWAR HAR HAR. She knows this, but still insists on setting them anyway.
When she travels for work it's even WORSE if you can believe that! She's really really paranoid that she'll oversleep and miss some meeting or something when she's travelling, so she goes totally crazy with the alarms then. Here's what she does:
1. Sets the hotel room alarm clock.
2. Sets the wind-up alarm that she takes from home (the hotel one might not work or the power might go off in her room...seriously...I'm not making this up!)
3. Requests a wake up call (in case the other alarms don't work...and she has those set in case the wake up call is forgotten!).
All of this, and she still wakes up minutes before any of the three have a chance to happen. This is so totally flakey I can't believe it. She has NEVER EVER EVER overslept for anything in her entire life. But, she sure is worried about that first time! BOL BOL BOL.
If you think this is all amusing, just wait until tomorrow's post. I'll give you the biggest, baddest, funniest, weirdest example of Mom's wackiest flake feature!
Grr and Woof,