Followers

October 09, 2015

Flashback Friday....My Watery World




HEY EVERYONE!
WOW, I HAVE BEEN MISSING ALL OF YOU SOMETHING FIERCE!   MY MOM IS ALL SORTS OF FIRED AND DOGHOUSED FOR BEING SO FAR BEHIND IN MY BLOGGING.     ANYWAY, I'M BACK AND I THOUGHT I'D SHARE A FLASHBACK TO 2013 WHERE I TOLD ALL ABOUT THE WATER IN MY WORLD.      DO ANY OF YOU REMEMBER THIS ONE?





Wordless Water Hound Explained


Hey Everyone!
Wow, I had a ton of great comments for my Wordless Wednesday Water Hound post the other day!  That was where I posted pix of me in my new Radisson canoe.    I have lots of wonderful water in my territory and I love to get out in it.   Oh, BOL to those of you who asked if I'm in the Coast Guard!    BWAR HAR HAR that's too funny and I'd love to be fur real.  But, alas, I'm just a regular pooch who loves water sports.

So, here's the deal about the water.   

This is the beginning of the story.   I have a creek in my territory!   It's so nice to float down, and swim in, and fish in.   It has lots of fish including several pawesome species of trout.
 Isn't the creek beautiful?    Lots of wildlife here.
Creek
 


The creek flows down stream through my territory and ends up going under this neat bridge.  Would you believe that every Spring we get enough heavy rain that this bridge is totally and completely under water?   TRUE TRUE TRUE   You can't even see the bridge at all.    
After the creek goes past the bridge...
 
it widens out further and further and then...

 ...it flows into the Lake in my territory!   Yes, I have a lake too.   Isn't it gorgeous?

 This is me and my Dad going for a little wading at the marina and boat launch for my Lake.

Lake
Lake



We're not done yet!    Next, the lake ends at a Dam.   It's a whopper and it controls the water.  The U.S. Corps of Engineers makes sure that the right amount of water is allowed out of the lake.   It comes out here...

Wow, look at that fast-running current!   It can be dangerous too right here at the opening.


This is called the Outflow.   It is the water that flows-out from the dam.
Right past that danger sign, the water continues on its path.   It's on a journey fur sure!
This outflow of water runs for about 1.75 miles on through my territory. 
My Wordless Wednesday post was me and my peeps in my new canoe halfway down this outflow.  It's a little slower moving here and safe for canoodling and some swimming.  But it is still moving!

My canoe trip in the outflow.



The water continues from the outflow and runs right into a River!    Yes, I even have a river right here in my territory.    This is where the outflow joins the Allegheny River.
The red arrows are the Outflow coming down to meet the yellow arrows which show the Allegheny River.




And the river flows right past the ginormous hill where I live.   This is what it looks like from the end of my road.

WHAT A VIEW!    Isn't that beautiful?   
We get to see this every time we leave our hill or return to our hill.

Here it is in the heavy morning fog.   The Allegheny River is right down there continuing to move water on until it joins with the Monongahela River and forms the Ohio River in downtown Pittsburgh.   That's about 150 miles away from here though.



So, that's the whole story of the water in my territory.   Creek flows into lake, lake ends at the dam, dam lets water through and becomes the outflow, outflow runs into the river.   Cool huh?!?  And it's all very fun for boating, fishing, swimming and stick fetching.  BOL  I'm such a lucky water hound.


Do you have water in your territory?
Grr and a Soggy Woof,
Sarge, Water Dog

25 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

Sarge that's a wonderful place... ya know I'm not really a water-dog, but I love the view you have efurry morning and with the fog it looks like a magic kingdom. You sure arem a LUCKY pup!

My Mind's Eye said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SARGE WE HAVE MISSED YOU TERRIBLY TOO
YOU LIVE IN A MOST GORGEOUS AREA AND WE CAN SEE WHY FnE and their peeps wanted to live there. My mom and Dad walk at the mall everyday...Crabtree Creek
is behind the mall. It flows into the Neuse River so it is a purrty important creek.
hugs madi your bfff

Two French Bulldogs said...

So beautiful. Mom loves that neck of the woods
Lily & Edward

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
OMD Sarge... that is PARADISE!!! you are one lucky dawg to have all that territory to traipse... thank you for showing it to us. HUgs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Matilda the Boxer said...

Wow, that's water water everywhere! How pawesome. Sarge, I feel your pain, my momma has been MOST delinquent lately. Maybe we need to send them all to boot camp or something.

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Our Lady is picking up your mom's slack and is actually on it this week. Will wonders never cease! We have a lake. Happy Friday!

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

That area is just so beautiful. We have lots of lakes but they sure don't look like yours! You can have my lakes too if I can have some of your pretty rolling hills. ;)

M. K. Clinton said...

OMD! You live in a magical looking area. We don't have one stinkin' mountain in our state. We love mountains and streams, but have to go to Arkansas to see any. You are one lucky dog!!

Murphy said...

It was well worth another look! Did you get any extra precip when S. Carolina got theirs? Now, see if you can drag F&E back with you!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

Cowspotdog said...

water just makes everything look better :)

Idaho PugRanch said...

We were getting worried Sarge! You live in such a beautiful place. The Snake River is near us and there is a large resevoir too. Mom drives over the dam on her way to work.
hugs
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

LBJ said...

That is so very beautiful. We have parks nearby but our house is in the middle of a BIG city so we miss views like that.

Abby Lab

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Hi Sarge, we need to fire our Mommy too! She has been slacking on blogging too.

C.L.W.STEP said...

Thanks for the great pictures. Ghostwriter says she hasn't been to PA in a long time and almost forgot how nice it is. (Her Dad is from Reynoldsville PA.)

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Just the BEACH and so different from the MidWest or East Coast. Lovely and Golden Thanks for sharing. Love it!!! Golden Woofs

BTW: How's Frankie & Ernie :-)

rottrover said...

Sarge!! Your territory is SO beautiful! Wowzers! You are one luck guy!. Our creek is all dry due to the drought. We're hoping El Neeto comes and brings our creek some water. In the meantime I, Otto, get to go to the beach!!

-Otto and Ruby

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous bunch of views you have Sarge! Waterworld - we have a creek in our woods but that's about it! LUCKY YOU!

Hugs, Sammy

Cara n Crew said...

your territory is really beautiful, Sarge! we have an irrigation canal behind our house but it just doesn't compare. purrs,

pip, smidgen, minnie, hollie, sharpie

Ziggy Stardust said...

Holy Puppies, that was cool. Mommy has been slacking off too. Sometimes we have to get after them. Please give Frankie and Ernie a hug from me.

Ziggy Out!!

The Adventures of The Bell Fur Zoo said...

Don't worry our dogatary/catatary has been a slacker too ;)

Sooo pretty! Our Pawrents and brother hope to one day live in a cabin in the woods.

sprinkles said...

I think I remember that post! What a beautiful place.

Wyatt said...

We have missed you, Sarge. But, we can see that you have been busy doing really fun stuff!

Wyatt

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarge!!!! Me again........thought I'd leave a comment request for you to add to the Blogville Calendar that I'm having a Sam-O-Ween party (haha) and Costume Contest. There will be a prize for the BEST COSTUME (photoshopped or "real" costume) and all animals are invited to enter - doesn't matter WHERE you live either because we'll send prize ANYWHERE!!!). Entries to me by October 28th via email and voting will be on my blog on 29th and 30th with winner announced at the party on the 31st! WOOT! Hope you'll be there Sarge.

Hugs, Sammy

Scooter said...

WOW sarge...you have a creek, a lake, a dam and your own canoe? You are so lucky and your picture looks awesome!!

Wags
Oreo

FiveSibesMom said...

Oh Sarge, we perfectly understand your mom being behind on blogging...I've been there recently, too! Please let her outbid the doggie house! ;-). Beautiful pics! What a cool place you have there to splash and explore! Your canoe pic is one of my favorites! We have a beach here along a river...only one of the Sibes has been - Wolf. We don't get to go much, but may have to try again soon (or wait for snow!!)