Here's another visit from us for Crabby Monday. Gosh we girls were so excited to hear that our dreamy Turkle gave us an award! Here it is:
Turkle for thinking of us. Now we'll tell 7 things about us.
1. We are hermit crabs. We are nocturnal and tropical which means we like nighttime and we like sunny hot beaches. Here's a closeup of me, Shelldon:
2. We live in a crabitat in Sarge's house. It looks like this:
3. The "hands" keep our crabitat filled with bushes, rocks, empty shells, food. We have four little antennae that look all bent and crooked. We use these to explore our world. Can you see them here in this profile pix?:
4. We sometimes drink and swim in fresh water, and sometimes in salt water. The "hands" make sure we have both. We have to breathe air, so when we take a dip, we come back out to breathe.
5. For food, we eat anything you'd sniffle out on a beach. Things like oranges, bananas, coconut, fish, eggshells. We don't eat with our biggest claw. That one's just for fighting, but we have a smaller one that pulls food into pieces and an even smaller one that lifts it up to our mouths. Here's a pix of of our legs:
6. We were competitors in Mango Minster in the Adventure Animals category because we love to climb over everything. Sometimes we look like little tanks plowing through life. We like to climb rocks, brush, and up the corners of our crabitat. We went to the Blogville Valentine's Day party with our shelly date, Turkle. We had so much fun and we really loved the new Blogville Community Park Aquatics Center. We wore our fancy red feather boas for the occasion. Speaking of wearing things, we sometimes change shells when we outgrow one or get tired of the same old look. Then we get nekkid and climb into a new one!
7. We are NOT EDIBLE!!!
So there you go. Now you know more about us. We are supposed to pass this along to other blogger pals, but we'll just open it up to anyone who'd like to share about themselves. Help yourself and thanks again, Turkle!
NOW HERE's A CHUCKLE FROM YOUR CRABBY GIRL BUDDIES:
IF A CRAB MARRIES A LOBSTER....WOULD THEY CALL THEIR KIDLETS:
Ooooh, that makes us giggle!
Shelldon & Beachnut