1. I live in a cabin in the woods. I'm very protective of my territory and so: keep out, no tresspassing, this yard guarded by Smith-Wesson-and ME-and Mom & Dad's guns. We're all well armed in my cabin!
2. I kill every critter I can. Anything inside my space is bound to get bashed. Hunting is a huuuuge pasttime for me. I even have all the required gear and I wear camo all the time. Really, I wear camo a lot!
3. Fishing is high on my priority list. If I can't hunt, I'll fish. Creek, river, lake...it's all good to me. A good day fishing is a good day, period. Can't be a city-hound and appreciate nature, fish slime and worms.
4. Camping is great too. Anytime I can get out into the woods with no electricity, running water, just me and Mom & Dad with a campfire is a grrreaat time. Snacks included. No fancy-schmancy stuff needed.
5. I love my (Dad's) truck. It's big and great. Tailgating and riding shotgun are the best. It even has a dent or two and a scratch here and there to show it's well used and broken in. It's a redneck machine for sure.
6. I leave my things thrown around my cabin any place I like. Cleaning's not a priority...that's for fancy-pants dogs.
7. Frequently, when I'm just laying around silently minding my own doggie business, someone suddenly yells, "Sarge, your butt stinks!" Then everyone runs from the room. I don't get it. Smells okay to me. Also, I really like to snuggle right up to Mom & Dad, then go in for the chin lick, and instead: give a big ol' Sarge *burp* right in their face. They say they don't like this, but I doubt it's true. The more Sarge the better. I want them to know I appreciate my kibble.
I'm the perfect picture of a Good Ol' Dog. Here's the proof:
Tailgating with the boys! Me, Dad, Cousin Frankie, and Papaw pantslegs. Note the camo! Dig that truck!!
There you have it. There can't be a bigger redneck Good Ol' Dog anywhere. Really.
Grr and Woof,